Social Work Services
All our Social Work Services are de-centralised and free of charge. We offer a professional, confidential service via telephone consultations, office interviews or home visits at your convenience.
Our Social Workers are qualified, and registered with The South African Council for Social Service Professionals. They are experienced and skilled in rendering services to both you and your family on a variety of life issues including:
- Applying for the SASSA Pension, budgeting and management of finances
- Obtaining material help, in the form of clothing, blankets, food parcels and essential household items
- Screening of applicants for accommodation available for older persons in and around Durban, including independent, frail care and assisted living
- Services aimed at alleviating loneliness and isolation – from regular telephone calls to visits by volunteers
- Information about TAFTA’s wellness centres, social clubs and support groups
- Home Based Care Service and/or Meals on Wheels
- Referrals to other organisations in Durban that may also be able to assist
- Dealing and coping with loss and bereavement
- Investigations into suspected or alleged abuse and neglect of older persons.
Please contact us for help with these or any other issues related to older persons.