Tafta (the Association for the Aged) is looking for a competent Event coordinator to oversee and organise events that will make an impact to our target audience. You’ll ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget, time constraints and meeting deadlines. As an event coordinator, you will be required to understand Marketing, PR, Social media and promotion techniques. You will be required to work over weekends and after hours depending on the nature of the event.
We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organisational skills required to achieve them.
- Plan, develop and implement event from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Negotiate and secure sponsorships for events
- Take charge of personnel (DJs, interns, etc.)
- Coordinate all operations
- Lead promotional activities for the event
- Supervise staff (interns, volunteers, etc.
- Prepare briefs and relevant documentation ie related to vendors, suppliers, etc
- Ensure that all parties are briefed and aware of their role and responsibilities.
- Approve all aspects before the event
- Ensure event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyse the event’s success and prepare reports
- Implement a proactive regional and national PR plan to support events
- Prepare press releases for events
- Assist with media relations including conducting interviews for internal and external newsletters and various social media platforms
- Prepare digital and social media calendar and content to engage users on social media sites (Facebook, Instagram and twitter)
- Coordinate photography, video shoots and radio recording production (inside and outside) Tafta to increase publicity
- Coordinate and implement all Tafta events and 3rd party donor events
- Maintain and communicate with event donor databases to increase support for Tafta events and sponsorship opportunities
- Liaise directly with donors, funders, and Tafta elders on a friendly, yet professional level.
- Public Relations Degree/Diploma/ Certificate or related qualification
- Three to five years’ proven, track record in executing public relations (traditional and social media platforms) and event management campaigns
- Code 08/10 valid driver’s licence
- Proven experience as event coordinator – 3 to 5 years’ experience
- Strong customer relations
- Marketing, PR, Social media techniques for event coordination
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office
- Outstanding communications and negotiations skill
- Strong communications skills written and verbal
- Excellent organisational skills
- Problem-solving ability
- A team player with leadership skills
- Experience in Event Planning
- Knowledge of how to influence and guide various types of media
- Strong Presentation skills
- The ability to speak in public and at public events
- Reputation Management
- Creative out of box thinker
- Good administration skills
- Technical: Communication skills, Computer literacy, Numeracy and literacy
- Behaviour skills: People orientated, calm, friendly, professional, approachable to the elderly, customer and donor focused
- Time management, show initiative, be creative, communication
- Ability to problem solve and take Initiative
All interested parties who meet the minimum criteria and qualifications are invited to apply for the above position. Applications must be forwarded to: Siphelele Ngiba, 5th floor Kings Hall, firstname.lastname@example.org fax: 0862970797.
Closing date for application is 1 April 2019. If you have not had a response by 15 April 2019, the application may be considered unsuccessful.