The NPO sector in KZN – represented by the Provincial Welfare, Social Services and Development Forum and Director’s Network – will set the record straight regarding government subsidies for Non Profit Organisations (NPOs) at a Media Conference on Thursday 11 August at 12 noon, to be held at the Malvern Child and Youth Care Centre in Durban (11 Coniston Avenue, Malvern).
Over the past few days, spokespersons of the Department of Social Development in KZN have responded with the following statements to enquiries regarding the cutting of NPO subsidies in KZN:
- “Absolutely no reason for alarm”
- “Services are being duplicated”
- “Rationalisation of services, not a removal of services.”
- “NPO’s must not rely on government alone for funding”
- “It was announced by the MEC for Finance and the MEC for Social Development”
- “It was communicated, communicated, communicated with them”
It’s time for the public to learn the truth and get behind or efforts to save NPOs from financial disaster. The Honourable MEC for Social Development in KZN, Mrs W.Thusi, has been invited to attend.
Please contact Gerhard Botha at 0829237407 or email email@example.com for more details.