Fire at home

Safety during fire season

By: | Tags: ,

No doubt the recent intense cold snap sent South Africans scurrying for their heaters and electric blankets … as well as stocking up on coal and fire wood for open fireplaces. All of which have the potential to cause fires in our homes. Most fires are caused by human negligence or electrical faults. Non-compliant wiring, overloaded plugs or faulty electrical appliances can catch fire unexpectedly. People who live in older homes – e.g. old wood and iron structures – need to be particularly vigilant, as the wiring could have degraded […]
READ MORE