Tafta will be hosting a Palliative Care Workshop on 15 May at the Anna Conradie Service Centre, 42 South Beach Avenue, Durban. This course is a must for anyone caring for terminally ill patients and/or the aged.
Among the topics to be covered are:
- The prinicpals of palliative care
- Health ethics
- Preparing the patient for death
- Communication skills
- Grief and loss
- Healthy closure rituals for carers
These issues will be presented by a team of medical experts, comprising:
- Dr. Thiloshni Govender (MBChB medicine, Diploma in child health paediatrics. Post Grad diploma in health services. Fellowship in public health medicine. Diploma in occupational health. Post Grad diploma in palliative medicine)
- Tracy Rawlins (Diploma in General and midwifery nursing and health science education. Post Grad diploma in paediatric palliative care)
- Colleen Dempers (master health sciences, Post Grad diploma in Public health. Diploma in project management. Bachelor nursing)
- Dr. Louise Walker (MBChB Medicine and bachelor of surgery. Diploma in HIV management. Diploma in Anaesthetics. Master science in palliative medicine
The full day workshop runs from 07h30 until 16h00 and costs R350 per person (including refreshments). Click here to download the booking form, or contact Thembi Maduma at email@example.com or Erica Bothma at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information, or call 031 337 7551.